I’ve been plugging away on my 40-at-40 list (see my last update HERE). It’s been a really great experience and something that I plan on repeating next year for my 41st birthday, but while I was reviewing my list, I realized that there were quite a few things that have happened this year that could have made the list and I thought that for this month’s installment of “10 Things” I would list them here.
1) Be in a parade: One of my stores participated in a parade in their community and I got to tag along and hold the banner. It was a fun day with nice weather and lots of happy coffee fans!
2) Make cake pops: I tried these out only once, but as you can see from the photo, they weren’t exactly a success.
3) Take a rafting trip: We had a great float while in Leavenworth this summer. Alex had a great time and even rode right in front through the waves!
4) Go water skiing: The last time I water skied was more than 20 years ago. This summer, we spent a week on a lake with some friends and spent lots of time on the water. Skiing might be like riding a bike – I was able to get up on the first try! I also had some spectacular spills, but that’s a story for a different day.
5) Have a family photos taken: Our last family photos were taken when my darling eight year old son was two months! It was long overdue and so much fun! I’m glad that we finally took the time.
6) Break a toe: OK, so this wouldn’t have made my list, but breaking a bone was a first for me and this year was all about firsts!
7) Have a reading with a famous psychic: This really deserves a blog post all on it’s own. What a great experience.
8) Sing karaoke in a foreign country: On our recent trip to Mexico, we had one crazy night out that involved dancing, singing and generous amounts of tequila, not necessarily in that order.
9) Pet a whale: On that same trip to Mexico, we went on a whale watching trip. Unlike whale watching trips here, in Mexico we got up close and personal with the whales. It was pretty unbelievable.A
10) Take nearly 6,000 photos: As I was going through my photos looking for these, I realized that my photo count for the year is at 5,928. Plus, I still have a couple of weeks to go!
To see more about 10 Things, check out Shimelle’s blog HERE.